As we age, we begin to experience challenges that are new to us; health and memory issues, personal losses, and even questions about self-worth. These changes are often complicated, and difficult to cope with, by both the family and the individual.
The Transitions Care Management team are experts in coordinating care through the aging process.
As a nationally certified, Life Care Professional™, and Registered Nurse, I have worked with seniors and their families to develop solutions that are unique to their special circumstances, and in a manner that maintains the dignity and respect they have earned over a lifetime.
We offer expertise regarding:
- Health and disability: Through assessments and experience, we can help you understand what your loved one does well, and in what areas he or she could use additional help.
- Finances: A review of the current monetary situation will result in a plan to make resources stretch as efficiently as possibly while maintaining the desired level of comfort, dignity and safety.
- Housing: Based on the assessments, recommendations can be made for optimal living situations now, with a view to likely changes in the foreseeable future.
- Family: Sibling disagreements and old family history often make the aging journey difficult. Our training provides for skilled facilitation of family meetings and creation of a plan that takes everyone’s needs into account.
- Local Resources: There are programs available to help, but it’s difficult to know which one is the most appropriate for your situation. Save time and money by letting us objectively evaluate the situation and connect you to the resources best suited to your needs.
- Advocacy: Our comprehensive knowledge of the disjointed health care system allows us to monitor quality and lobby for the care and treatment your family wants.
- Legal: Let us help you identify issues and get key paperwork in order.
- Crisis Intervention: The unexpected is simply a fact of life in aging. We are experienced with elder emergencies and are ready to jump in at a moment’s notice.
Transitions Care Management is in the business of helping aging adults and their families to live well throughout the aging process. Give us a call at (206) 293-3078 to discuss the many ways we can help you.